How to take care of carpets?
Regular rug care will enable your rug to maintain its original appearance and style for years. There are some very simple to-dos as given below:
• Clean your rug regularly (at least once a week). Unless mentioned below for any specific materials, use light vacuum – it prevents impurities from becoming embedded in the rug’s pile. You can also use walk-off mats at all entrances to absorb soil and moisture.
• Keep heavy usage areas, such as hallways, stairs, and exterior entryways clean. They are the major sources of dust and other impurities.
• Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or the rug might get damaged.
• In case of water / liquid spillage, place towels or cloth over wet area and put pressure with a heavy, colorfast object to absorb moisture. Leave overnight.
• Rugs should be dried on both front and back sides.
• When storing for a long time, rugs must be rolled with the front-side in and kept with cloth wrapping, and not folded. Do not fold or put in an airtight plastic bag.
• Avoid keeping furniture with sharp legs on top of a rug.
• Avoid prolonged direct exposure to sunlight with blinds, shades, etc.
• Remove as much of food spills as possible by scraping gently with a spoon or dull knife.
• Consider professional cleaning service at least once in every two years.
• Rotate or reposition your rug every six months to enable even wear and fading on the surface and extend the life of the rug.
• Please keep away from sharp objects, hot surfaces and open fire places.
Find here listing of handmade rugs & carpets manufacturers, suppliers, dealers & exporters across World offering wide range of handmade rugs & carpets at best price.
#rugs #homedecor #interiordesign #carpet #rug #carpets #handmade #home #interior #design #decor #handmaderugs #interiors #rugsofinstagram #art #arearugs #furniture #vintage #homedesign #vintagerugs #kilim #interiordesigner #decoration #livingroom #customrugs
#designerrugs #designerpaintings #originalpaintings #designercurtains